National Museum of Resistance and Human Rights
In the framework of the European Capital of Culture Esch2022, the National Museum of Resistance and Human Rights presents two art exhibitions “Idea of Peace” and “Ecce Homo” focusing on historical, educational and integrative aspects. The exhibitions deal figuratively with the consequences of war, crimes against humanity and genocide on individuals, but also with suffering, deportation and destruction. They make connections with forced displacement, exile and migration, but also with resistance, physical and psychological resilience and human dignity.
In addition, the museum offers lectures, events, workshops and guided tours throughout the year.
The permanent exhibition on the history of the Second World War in Luxembourg will be accessible in 2023.
- Tuesday10h00 – 18h00
- Wednesday10h00 – 18h00
- Thursday10h00 – 19h30
- Friday10h00 – 18h00
- Saturday10h00 – 18h00
- Sunday10h00 – 18h00
- Closed10.11., 25.-26.12., 31.12. & January 2023
- < 21 years old & students0,00€
- Frënn vum Resistenzmusée0,00€
- Place de la Résistance, L-4041 Esch-sur-Alzette
- View Google Maps
- T (+352) 54 84 72
- TrainEsch-Centre station at 8 minutes
- BusLines 3 and 4, stop Boulevard Prince Henri, 1 minute away
- Vel'OH!Place de la Résistance
- CarUnderground parking Place de la Résistance