National Brewing Art Museum
The National Brewing Art Museum (NBAM) is the first of its kind in Luxembourg. The exhibits give an insight into the history of beer making and show the exciting development of the brewing art in Luxembourg.
The visitor is first charmed by the special atmosphere of the “Café Jhang Primus”. He can sit there and listen to the explanations concerning the legend of Gambrinus, the king of beer. Then, the visitor learns the “secrets” of making a good beer, from the basic ingredients to the packaging. The collections of glasses, bottles and other “goodies” from Luxembourg breweries regularly evoke good memories among the most knowledgeable visitors.
Installed within the former stables of the Château de Wiltz, the museum is also a warm place steeped in history. The old pavement, the thick walls, the authentic framework, etc. will not leave the visitor indifferent. And above all… the museum has a really active part: the experimental and educational microbrewery. If the visitor is not lucky enough to smell the characteristic smell of a day of brewing, he will probably have the chance to smell the pleasant aromas coming from the cylindrical-conical tanks filled with young beer in full fermentation.
The NBAM is the result of a collaboration between the Syndicat d’Initiative de Wiltz asbl and the Confrérie Gambrinus Lëtzebuerg asbl.
- Monday09h – 12h & 14h – 17h
- Tuesday09h – 12h & 14h – 17h
- Wednesday09h – 12h & 14h – 17h
- Thursday09h – 12h & 14h – 17h
- Friday09h – 12h & 14h – 17h
- Saturday09h – 12h & 14h – 17h
- Closed01.01., Ascension, 01.11. & 25.12. / ATTENTION: In July & August, the museum is open from Monday to Saturday from 09h00 - 18h00
- Adults6,50€ (tasting of a beer included)
- < 21 years old0,00€
- BusCity-Bus Wiltz: lines 1 and 3 (stop: Schlass)
- CarParking of the Castle (access from Rue du Château)