Minett Park Fond-de-Gras
Fond-de-Gras was one of the most important mining centers in Luxembourg. However the extraction of iron ore ended in 1955. In 1964, a landslide on the Fond-de-Gras – Pétange railway line put an end to all railway activities. A few years later, volunteers commit to run a tourist train with historic steam locomotives. The first “Train 1900” circulated in 1973. A few years later, an old mine is opened again and can be visited thanks to the mining train “Minièresbunn”. Becoming Minett Park Fond-de-Gras, this open-air museum offers many complementary activities whose red thread is iron ore. It includes: Fond-de-Gras, the village of Lasauvage, the old open pit “Giele Botter” and the Celtic oppidum of Titelberg.
Open to the public only from 1 May until the last weekend in September.
- Sunday14h00 – 18h00
- MuseumFree admission
- Train 1900 1st class (Adults)15,00€
- Train 1900 2nd class (Adults)10,00€
- Train 1900 1st class (Children)10,00€
- Train 1900 2nd class (Children)8,00€
- Mining train "Minièresbunn" (Adults)7,00€
- Mining train "Minièresbunn" (Children)5,50€
- 2 Fond-de-Gras, L-4576 Niederkorn
- View Google Maps
- T (+352) 26 58 20 69
- BusLasauvage (line 6)
- Car3 available car parks linked by a shuttle bus